Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Escape Route


Hey Guys! Welcome the fuck back! As of yesterday if you were present in life or have any sense of time at all, you know that August has finally arrived after having 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, & 5 Sundays (WOW!!!)And damn!!! this year is moving too fucking fast for me! 2011 feels like it just started! I'll be 22 in 3 months?! Wow! Pretty soon we'll be singing Auld Lang Syne again bringing in the New Year with all kinds of potency in our systems partying our asses off like it's 1999 again! These past few weeks have been a bit tough for me, but very educational at the same time. Work has been kicking my ass, I got my first day off in like 40 days on Saturday, and it was much needed; went down to Kings Dominion and fucked shit up! Over these past few weeks I have come to the conclusion that I need to get out of here...soon! I already talked it over with my Mom, my Brother, and a few of my closest friends. I have the greatest opportunity RIGHT NOW to explore the world and make myself who I want to be. My mom always said "God made the world for EVERYBODY to see." and I am part of everybody so that's exactly what the fuck I'm going to do. I'm an acting major so I'm def going to start abroad in California and study acting and theater writing there first. I know it's a long way away from home, but I can do it, and the people back home will survive without me...I'm sure. Then after California I plan to go to the UK and study writing and theater there as well. I know people are probably like "ooo big dreams..." or "that sounds easier said than done..." I don't believe that anything is easier said than done, if you can dream it you can achieve it, especially if you're willing to put in the work that is required for you to reach your dreams and goals. Nothing comes easy from doing nothing, but it comes a lot easier when you have actually built a foundation and worked on it. I told myself years ago that I indeed was going to be something and SOMEBODY with a career that I love so much that I cannot even tell it's a job. Your situation, after a certain age, is a result of your decisions that you've made. At the end of the day, if you don't want to be somewhere, or you want to change something about yourself or your situation you can indeed do it. i don't care where you're from, how much money you don't have, or how much support you DON'T have...you can always improve something. Things never happen instantly, well most things we want, but they can in fact happen. Better late than never, baby steps soon progress to giant leaps in success.

No comments: