Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let's Take a Walk (2008)


I wrote this in 2008, haven't changed a word.


Lets take a walk a day after we had freezin rain.
Step from school, to the bus, to the train.
To meet a lil lady drivin me insane.
Chai Tea in her hand, a lil spills on me causing a stain.
Walkin thru the frigid weather never felt better.
Standin next 2 sum1 makin me feel as warm as leather.
Sittin on the bench and read sum letters.
I'm wrappin up in my arms just like your sweater.
We walkin talkin lovin dreamin thru the market
On my last dollar, yet I feel rich with lint in my pocket
Priceless even, mom thinks shes at home so early she'll be leavin
Oh well, 5 minutes five hours rite?
Get home and talk 2 her til late in the nite
Lets take a walk thru the cut I got robbed in after our first fight
Cut up a sandwich and spill kool-aid on my shirt to get u rite lolz
Now the two walkin still walk 2gether, except one patiently waits and tries to calm down.
The other ventured off onto the bad side of town.
Where only pain awaits, and smiles turn to frowns
No ringling brothers but ahead is a clown.
The walk is now a run.
For love, for everything that was cried over, fought over, and argued over.
The lonely one waits and there she is comin over his shoulder.
Still with the same warmth, never got colder.
He'll always remain 4 her, never movin like a plastered down boulder.

No comments: