Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hippie...Nothing in My System

Right now I am currently sitting in my back yard as the sun is setting behind all the trees and houses in my neighborhood as my dog barks away with my old shoe in her mouth. I just returned from a totally unplanned trip to my girlfriends house to drop her of some roses "Just because it's Thursday." I know I am a pretty cheesy person, yet very romanctic. I don't know why. I really want her to be happy in her dark time...it's kind of crazy how I feel that she is TOO PRETTY and AMAZING to feel how she feels. But at the end of the long miserable day (which sucks without her) I get it. It's always nice to want to do things for nice people. She deserves it especially. I went on a walk downtown yesterday with little money, a camera, a head full of scary thoughts, and my music. The day was one of those days where it was too beautiful outside to NOT go outside. The atmosphere was sharing a little piece of heaven, so I felt it was only right to go out and absorb this gift delivered via Nature. I took the train and got off at the Eastern Market station, ordered some Starbucks (a hot chocolate in 70-degree weather. Crazy right?),and walked briefly with a friend I had planned to meet up with earlier that day. We walked, we talked, we discussed what was going on in eachother's lives, and we discussed my upcoming surgery in May. That conversation was quite hilarious actually to discuss, but it was good conversation nonetheless. My friend had to depart and I continued with my walk. The city of Washington, D.C. is a beautiful city. From across the Anacostia Bridge to the deepest corner downtown there is something intoxicating about the city, especially on a day as amazing as Wednesday.I walked from Eastern Market all the way to Chinatown. Most people find me absolutely insane for taking a walks this long...but it is so much better than taking the Metro system and paying to see old and molded concrete walls in the darkness. And since I'm on the subject of taking long walks, which sounds like it would be in a horrible eHarmony profile, walking is very very healthy. In this day and age people (ahmm...my friends) could learn to get off their asses and go for a healthy stroll somewhere rather than just driving all the damn time or when worst comes to worst DO NOTHING AT ALL. I digress. I bumped into my aunt while I was walking down Penn. Ave...she was waiting on her charter bus. Those damn buses go EVERYWHERE! I saw buses that take people to Calvert County (which is about an hour away from where I live) and some went to Waldorf. It's pretty amazing knowing that our government actually do give their employees transportation assistance. I know that would be a very expensive and stressful commute. I actually waited for the bus with my aunt for a while as she showed me off to her co-workers. I really appreciate what my aunt has done for me lately. She got me a job working at the Library of Congress this summer, and for a good job I am always grateful. All of the buses that came her way were either full or not the right one, so I left. I had "California Dreamin" from The Mamas and the Papas playing in my iPod, that song is one of my favorites! It just gets me in this real trippy kind of mood and I just start to sing and groove in ways that only a song like can do. I can close my eyes and visualize all good things in my head. I love music that gets me high. I can't help it, I just do. I walked about 8 miles total to reach my final destination of Dupont Circle, which is probably the most pro-gay area in the city, but it's also one of the nicest places to visit downtown. The people down there are unified and very easy-going. The streets are filled and the actual park is a circle where people come to escape the hustle and bustle of there jobs to talk and listen to musicians play whatever instruments they have. Luckily, there were two guys playing there guitars...idk it had a Latin feel to it...absolutely amazing! I took my headphones off, listened to the music and sounds of the city, and watched the sunset right behind the tall buildings are center piece statue of the park. The sweetest part of this experience is that only I could feel what I was feeling at the time. I was IN MY ZONE. It was the first time I didn't have any worries about my relationship issues, money, or where what direction my life was headed. I was at peace, and I appreciated it. I couldn't get this kind of peace in my own neighborhood, by sitting out back writing songs, by getting drunk, or getting high...nope. A day like Wednesday made me feel that EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY eventually. I have to remain patient and have faith in myself before I do anything.

No comments: