Monday, May 10, 2010

I Guess I Have Ree & Valencia to Thank...

So every time I post it on Twitter or mention the word "surgery" the questions are and always have always been "for what?" my favorite "are you okay?" and the one that I have been avoided answering "on what?!" So to answer those three question, in no specific order...I am being circumcized because it is very annoying and aggravating to have extra foreskin...and yes, I am perfectly and totally fine. It is not like I would die if I did not have this procedure done. Most of my friends give me this crazy ass look, as if they smoked some terrible weed, when I tell them that I am opting to mutilate my weiner for my own reasons. Crazy shit huh? A few weeks ago I was actually pretty shy or too embarassed to tell people about the procedure. I would usually just use some kind of euphemism to tell them what I was getting done. Most of the smart people I told, the others may as well have been looking at the periodic table when I was trying to explain it. I guess that is my own fault...I should have just come out and told them straight. I was on the phone with my Grandma from Virginia yesterday (Mother's Day) when I told her about my surgery date and what I was having done. The first thing she said was "I don't know why your parents didn't get that done to you when you were born, shit." I actually laughed a bit when she said that, because that statement has usually been the first thing people say after I tell em about the surgery. But after speaking with my mom about why she didn't get the procedure done when I shot out into the world, she basically said that she and my dad didn't want me to go through that kind of pain as a baby... I totally understand where they are coming from, but shit! I promise them I would not have been scarred for life from those few moments of pain! It would have been a lot better than walking around for 20 years with a stigma between my legs and on the head of my penis. My mom also said that she & my dad also wanted for me to be able to make the decision if I wanted the surgery when I got older. Well guess what parents?! I want the surgery and I'm getting it on May 21st! It was very awkward this past semester in my Human Sexuality course, especially when we began talking about the male anatomy...and the topic of circumcision came about. Everyone in the class sat there and ridiculed it and made it seem just as digusting as making love to Oprah Winfrey. It was pretty embarassing to know that I was probably the only one in the class who was not circumcized. It felt even worse to be afraid to speak up and be able to defend myself...eventhough I know my classmates reaction to an uncircumcized person was pure ignorance and typical shit. But now for some reason I am totally comfortable about speaking on it. I'm not at all afraid of having my weiner mutilated, I will be asleep durign the procedure anyway. If it is one thing I am afraid of, it is the recovery. I already know its going to be a total beotch! I will def be off my feet for about a week...and out of sex for...well let's not speak on it...since I'm not having any of that of lately anyway. But if I were some sort of sex-fiend or nymph it would most definitely be a total beotch to have to deal with. It is also very dreadful to have to imagine 10 stitches going into or around my penis...I forgot what my doctor said after he said stitches in the head...dear God help me through recovery. I also hope my friends aren't total jackasses while I'm recovering! I can't even think about having a boner or else I will have to face the pain. I think I'll get a tattoo on my weiner after I am done with recovery process. It will read "Survivor" lolz. I'm happy I finally had the time to sit and really speak of this upcoming procedure, feels good to discuss the wood. (lolz that was pretty corny but fuck it!)

No comments: