Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June Gloom. (Inspired By Ginger)


I fuggin love social networking sites! But what I love more about social networking sites are the people that I come in contact with and what they inspire. I was texting my friend Amirah (I love her name! ahh!)aka Ginger about 2 weeks ago and we were talking about how the day was "gloomy"...and BANG! Just like that I wrote a lil poem to talk about the conditions of June. Peep Ginger on Twitter @Addicted2Ginger amazing person to know!

The humidity can't feel thicker than the pain in the air.
Bring me down like a little girls curls in hair.
We all waited, anticipated, but it's arrived and we hate it. (Or so we think)
Romance is overrated and played with.
Can't hop on the public transit without hearing ignorance.
Metro raising prices again, they're robbing us blind while the heat melts our minds.
No map posted in the train can help us locate or find.
Yellow grass, green water, grey skies.
Job applications walk in with hope, get shot down, and die.
Out here failure is the norm more than a valiant try.
Even in my dreams I hear siren sounds.
The heat justifies the killing season that's around.
Windows down, music loud, riding proud, and I'm pulled over for no reason.
Let the summer live or die in June.
The 4th'll be here soon.
Cookouts by the water, sipping drinks, out by the lake under a blue moon.
Letter to August and July, June is gloom.

No comments: