Thursday, February 17, 2011

Song Forgotten.

I had a song in mind, and I had a song in line
Along the way I forgot the words
Had a song in line, forgot the rhyme.
It would have been the dopest song you ever heard.
The pen and paper were intact
Line for line my memory flashed back
To a time where the pen and paper were one.
Now look how spread out and far they've become.
Writer's block hanging out across the street from inspiration
The song I wrote for you was a symphony without limitation.
Got to your door step with roses in hand
Ring the doorbell, your ringtone went off, it was one of my favorite bands
Door opens up and standing there was merely a sample.
Saw a reflection of your sandal through the brass door handle
handed the sample your roses and music notes just played in your yard
The sample said "anything else I can do?"
I said to the sample "deliver this song..."
Started to think about what I wrote for you, but the words came out wrong.
I had a song in mind, I had a song in line.
Along the way I forgot the words.


No comments: