Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inside the Box? Nahh

I think that one of the most dumb and undefined words in the world's vocabulary is "NORMAL". I have heard people tell me that what I listen to isn't NORMAL or that what I talk about isn't NORMAL. Oh yea for those people who all of a sudden are able to determine what is and isn't normal let me ask you this...are you normal? Which brings me to the conclusion...that if these people who are able to question my state in the world of normality "If you're normal, then Thank God I'm not". There is nothing more fulfilling than being called weird or eccentric. That's just people's way of calling me "ORIGINAL". Who doesn't like originality? It's what makes the world go 'round. It's in the same class as love and money...go figure. Look what being weird has gotten some icons in pop-culture: Britney Spears shaved her damn head bald, that was weird and she still went platinum and remained a household name. Amy Winehouse is pencil-thin but can blow as if she's Aretha Franklin's size, rocks the hairstyle known as the "beehive", and oh yea she likes her weed, that was weird; but that didn't stop her from becoming a Grammy winning artist did it? Last but not least my all time favorite musician Bob Marley, who spoke of peace and unity through music in times of war and hardship. Bob Marley performed a day after he had been shot in the leg, and fornicated with many women, and oh yea he too, like Amy liked his WEED, which people at the time also found WEIRD. Normality to me is what I call playing it safe and being society's HOEBAG. Playing it safe can help attain an average level of success, but doing something weird and original or insane maybe (Mad scientist voice) would probably give your more of an edge which I don't aid you in landing into something GREAT! I like...excuse me I LOVE being "weird". I love my weird music, writing weird lyrics, my weird graphic Tee's from HotTopic, my weird ringtones on my blackberry! WEIRD rocks! And maybe just maybe, I don't know why...but you should try it too, you just might like it.

No comments: