Friday, February 26, 2010

I Just Want My Music Back...Beotch!

The radio use to be something that I absolutely adored and could NEVER get enough of. I remember in when I was 12 or 13 I would iron my clothes at night and listen to the "Battle of the Beats" on 95.5 Kiss FM. It was a great show...do they still do it? Fuck if I know! I don't know where, I don't know how, I don't know when, and I certainly don't know why the radio has lowered its standards at the same rate music has lowered its standards for good artists. The radio to my ears has become a nuisance, a pest, and even worse...a total letdown. With all do respect to my area "The DMV" Go Go music is totally acceptable to hear, but its the artists that aren't from the area that pollute the airways. All of these pussy-pleading R&B singers, cartoon ass rappers, and annoying hosts are the reason my iPod has become my best friend! I control what the fuck I want to hear! The radio can kiss my ass! Rotation is a joke...I do not want to hear a certain song 12 times in 3 hours...I understand the business I really do...but let's have some variety. Would that hurt? It kills me when I hear people say that there is no REAL music left...I quickly correct them and say...REAL music does not exist ON THE RADIO. You will never hear the real artists that YOU want to hear unless you're totally in love with all that commercial shit! I like my music to be a blessing to my ears and food for my soul...listening to today's radio...well lets just say I'd rather drink a gallon of bleach...if thats possible. Just to clarify its primarily the radio stations that swear they "blaze the hottest hip hop and R&B in the city!" No the fuck you don't...u blaze that bullshit that the industry calls "hot". I must say that other stations with more variety are faaaaar better! There's a radio station that just got the #1 rating in the DMV area..called umm...what is it? Oh yea Hot 99.5!!! Now they know how to please ears, still commercial though, but they play EVERYTHING Rap & Hip Hop, R&B Pop, Rock...you name it they got it! Eventhough I'm very much so STILL against the radio...I still find time to listen to these guys at least once a week whether online or in the car. Not to mention their hosts are pretty cool to listen to and absolutely hilarious given the topic. What happened when listening to the radio was an amazing experience? What happened to turning on the radio and yelling "That's my JAM!"? All I hear now is a bunch of bullshit...mainly old shit as well. I just want good music to return to the radio...I'm not going to name specific artists in this post simply because I want it to be general, but those that understand what I'm talking about will be able to easily think of a few artists that are responsible for poisoning the radio. Let's have that REAL SHIT back on the radio...other cities have amazing radio stations...why not this area?

No comments: