Monday, February 15, 2010

Let's All Get Stupid?

Over the years I have noticed that all my hardwork in school and good grades HASN'T MET SHIT! I mean Jesus Christ! What do I need to do to be accepted in this fucked up society of ours. It seems that ever since high school...no excuse me MIDDLE SCHOOL...people have grown to appreciate this culture of failure. Example: in the 8th grade we had this super tough teacher named Ms. Rothera...and I mean this lady was the definition of tough...she even looked like that lady you didn't want to fuck around with or your grade would look as bad as she did. She had the face of a toad and the frame of Jabba the Hut from Star Wars. However, this woman was considerate at the end of the day. She did after all, let us know about tests about two weeks in advance. Her tests were about 60 questions long and lets just say most of the smarter people in the class always always always passed! One day I actually studied really hard and got an A finally after about 3 tests prior that all ended in failure. I could literally hear a choir behind me singing the sweet song from AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long". I got up and did my happy dance (which has never been accompanied by rhythm) and pumped my fist as it were super cheap gas. As I was doing my dance, I take a glance over my shoulder and notice that some of my so-called "friends" all looked at me as if I were a fool... Then one of them asks me "how does it feel to be a nerd?" You know the saying "it's not what you said, it's how you said it?" That cliche load of shit had never been more relevant to me than at this time. The way it was said was as if I was a criminal for finally working hard and improving myself let alone my grade. I took a more broad look around the room at the kids who were "cool" and noticed that all of them felt pretty content with themselves for recieving high D's and F's...I was the blacksheep of the cool. In high school it only got worse. Kids got dumber and the groups of dummy's got larger. The tough teachers were still tough and the only difference was that I knew the work I did in high school would only have an IMPACT on MY FUTURE! The good thing about it being in a highly populated area of dumbasses walking around with their super new shoes and clothes and bad grammar, is that there was an incredible amount of smarties trotting around with their new notebooks, covered books, and outstanding vocabulary. I was proud to be able to walk on both sides minus being a dummy! I could still socialize with the cool kids and work like a smartie, I do like using my brain after all. (no pun intended) Eventhough I was still ridiculed at times for getting good grades and speaking properly (not "talking good" dumbasses!) I learned not to care about the shit they spoke, and just accept the fact that some people are bred to be stupid...or are they just scared to be smart? I think that knowledge of self is that one piece of advice that some people learn to accept and apply to themselves and others disregard it and leave it on the curb...that's just a little bit of my theory...which to some or most won't mean much of anything. The culture of people's stupidity and ignorance is one I wish they will keep to themselves and not ruin for people who actaully enjoy that thing in their heads...their BRAIN!

No comments: